Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Day 4: 30 Days of Words

Day 4: 30 Days of Words
Entrepreneurship and Goals

When you start a business, everyone talks about your goals. Your 30 day, six month, year, five year, goals. To achieve your dreams, pick your goals, and write them down. Hang them where you can see them. 

Every business book doles out this advice: Write. Down. Your. Goals. Make sure they're specific, achievable, measurable, realistic, and timely. Have a hard end date. It's something I teach the kids I work with...but it's something I struggle with. What do I want from my business?  What's feasible? Should I think about feasibility, or dream as grandly as possible? What's impossible today may be common in a year, or five. 

How can I be a success if I don't know WHERE THE HELL I AM GOING?! The feeling of wandering aimlessly feels like my biz Achilles heel. Its imperative that I sit down, write down some plans, and make a roadmap of sorts. Otherwise, I'm lost in the woods, one public speaker/educator, one blog, of thousands that seeks to empower young women.

What makes me special? Why can't I answer that all the time- or worse, why does it sound so rehearsed so often? How do I create a path and maintain my passion? 

Does anyone have some trusted advice on discovering business goals?

I mean, I'd love for my business to support me. I don't want to work any more part time jobs. I don't want to do freelance education junk. I want room to create my own path, and for that path to be my job.

I guess that's a lot to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment