Sunday, May 7, 2017

Day 8: 30 Days of Words

Day 8: 30 Days of Words

I swear the minute I assigned myself a 30 Day Words challenge, two things happened: 1. my day jobs got busier and 2. I lost literally any semblance of inspiration. The words that usually cloud my brain vanished.

Something about the summer, I swear, saps my creativity. It's so bizarre, and it's probably mostly in my head, but I get stuck; no motivation, no inspiration, no passion.

Luckily, I have a pretty great support system, and I'm in therapy/on meds now, and I am dedicated to my grueling workouts, so overall I'm in a better mental state, even if I feel like a slug most days.

I had a true Tim Gunn Make It WOrk moment this weekend. I ordered new buttons for my business...except I uploaded my design from another template. I totally forgot and approved the proof, thinking it was the *new* company's crop and bleed lines. So, my buttons show up with a huge border warning proclaiming NOTHING PRINTED PAST THIS LINE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR BUTTON. I was in tears. A friend suggested I rhinestone them, cause glitter makes everything great. So, my loving boyfriend and I spent hours cutting strips of sticky rhinestones and fabulizing buttons.
And people LOVED them at my event today. I mean, come on. I'm a tick bummed *I* didn't think of the idea, but I'm glad I know so many awesome people.

Today lifted my spirits a bit. I tabled at a Cause fest (lots of progressive groups, civil rights lobbying groups, etc), and it's really amazing to see how people channel their passion and anger into action and activism and change. Hell yes. 

Despite being a shy awkward introvert, tabling is more akin to public speaking in my mind. It's a performance, kind of, and there's a table between you and strangers that's like a little safety blanket. Although the event was small, I made some great connections, got a few potential sign ups for my summer camp, and for a change of pace, felt moderately normal talking to complete strangers.

Progress, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment