Days 2 & 3: 30 Days of Words
I already goofed. Sunday, I walked a doggo at an adoption event across the city. By the time I got home, I was so hot, sweaty, and sore, I took a looong nap before heading out to see a show.
On the plus side, I got a decent workout. Aside from sweating, a pitbull/lab/something mix dragged me all over, taking breaks to sit in the shade and drool all over my lap as I smooched his snoot and patted his broad back. Unfortunately, my pupper Chance didn't find his forever home. Chance is an adorable, sweet, and incredibly strong dog. Too strong for all the kids who were picking out a new family member. (PS: If you are a strong and patient person, Chance needs a forever home. He's good with other dogs, likes people, especially men, and would make an excellent running buddy with some leash training.) Just look at this happy boy face!
![]() |
| You can adopt this dog! Make a friend for life! |
It's interesting to me to see which people/personalities I really click with, that put me at ease, etc.
Anyway! Today I crushed some gnarly bootcamp. There's something soothing about having that hour a day to turn off my brain and sweat out the day's frustration. And lately, watching the news, there's always something to be frustrated about.
I mean, 45's Andrew Jackson/Civil War comment? Nikki Haley claiming the US has never passed laws regarding race? ARE YOU SHITTING ME, AMERICA?! I'd like to think this will remind people that the study of history *is* actually important and worth knowing, lest you look like a giant moron. Fund schools, fund history, fund museums. This is simple.
I mean, 45's Andrew Jackson/Civil War comment? Nikki Haley claiming the US has never passed laws regarding race? ARE YOU SHITTING ME, AMERICA?! I'd like to think this will remind people that the study of history *is* actually important and worth knowing, lest you look like a giant moron. Fund schools, fund history, fund museums. This is simple.
Hug your local, friendly historian today, because we're all screaming internally (and externally).

No comments:
Post a Comment