Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nominon: You certainly have to deal with us...

Nominon ov Death

Hey Perra, How are things going in Sweden with Nominon at the moment?
Perra: It's going great, we have lots of plans, releases and ideas for the next couple of years. So you guys certainly have to deal with us for quite some time to come, either you like it or not.


Is there anything currently in the works for Nominon?
Perra: Yep, we're in the middle of a recording session now of four songs. Two covers and two brand new NOMINON tracks for a gruesome new 7" EP on DEATHGASM RDS as well as two separate split EP's with GRAVEYARD (esp) and KOMMANDANT (au/usa). The recordings sounds very promising so far and we definitely look forward to get it all done and released. 

What would a new album sounds like?
Perra: Like NOMINON. 

2011 marks 18 years since the birth of Nominon. How has the band evolved? Do you think metal is different now?
Perra: NOMINON has mainly been going from releasing demos to releasing CD's and touring in Europe and US, that's the biggest change for NOMINON as a band. In general I'd say that Metal has gone worse with a lot of fucking crap bands around today running around in Adidas shorts and gold chains that didn't existed 18 years ago. 

So, there are new generations of metalheads in Sweden now. How are the younger kids different than your generation?
Perra: There's some sort of hype around a band called GHOST over here at the moment, they're however not Metal so I don't know how the Hell people can relate to them as a Metal band since they are more like dark Pop with satanic lyrics really. When I grew up people who were into Metal would piss on bands like that, so I guess there's a huge difference between the Metal kids of today compared to 25 years ago. 

How was your latest effort Monumentomb received? 
Perra: Awesome! Lots of shredding reviews and concerning the interviews for the album, I think I have personally been doing 40-50 interviews this time around, which is some sort of a record by itself. Our fans doesn't really care what the journalists write about the album, since they know that NOMINON would never let them down, period.
The first Nominon American tour was about a year ago, how was that tour? Which was your favorite city?
Perra: We have toured US twice already, once in 2008 and then 2010. We had a great time both rounds, playing with old classic and favourite bands of ours like INCANTATION, MASSACRE, MONSTROSITY etc etc. I think playing Texas was special, at least for me. I like it there. We still have to go to the West coast someday as well. I was there with DESTROYER 666 last year when I helped them out playing drums, that was phenomenal.


Would you consider doing another US tour? Which US bands would you most want to tour with?
Perra: Hell yeah! Definitely!! Any day! Just give us a ring, invite us to play and we'll be there. We like NUNSLAUGHTER, MALEVOLENT CREATION, INCANTATION, SADISTIC INTENT, MORBID ANGEL and AUTOPSY, so I guess touring with any of them would make sense.


You have has some lineup changes within the last few years, how has the affected the band?
Perra: To the better, we have more competent players in NOMINON these days as we become more selective when anyone left the band and we have to get a replacement you know. I and Juha is pretty much the Gestapo's in NOMINON, so whatever we fell like doing I'd say the rest just have to deal with. It's actually not the whole truth, but that's one way to put it.


Out of all the countries you have toured in, which has the best and worst beer?
Perra: Best beer Czech Republic, worst beer Italy (they should stick to wine if you ask me.)


Do you have anything else to add?
Perra: Thanks for the support! For more / Merchandise visit www.nominon.com 
Hail the hordes of eternal filth. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOMINON offensives 2011;
TBA

Booking/Interviews: nominon@lycos.com
Promotional inquires: evan@deathgasm.com

Website/Merchandise: http://www.nominon.com
Join The Facebook Sect: http://www.facebook.com/nominon666
Alternative site/Contact: http://www.myspace.com/nominon

Label: DEATHGASM RECORDS - http://www.deathgasm.com/
General label contact: info@deathgasm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment