![]() |
| That's me, crowd surfing to Nuke Assault! |
Maryland Deathfest IX was, as expected, a complete success. At the end of the weekend, it was really difficult to pick out my favorite sets- every band I watched killed it! In the end though, the sets to catch were Impaled Nazarene, Exhumed, Last Days of Humanity and Nuclear Assault. Other notable sets were Nunslaughter, Malignant Tumour, Dead Congregation, Wormed, Doom, Dropdead…no really, every set I saw killed it.
Truly, every set I watched was brilliant. The MDF Party Brigade (a group that runs around in costumes, throwing inflatables and glow sticks) was really well organized, and every set they attended was a blast. Despite some bullshit after Ghost with security, I think overall, they were tight and kept bullshit to a minimum. I am really excited to countdown for next year- MDF TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Hell yes, Ryan and Evan, thanks for all your hard work and dedication. I’m looking forward to hitting up my fourth MDF- and for another strong ten years!
Some new shit I’ve been spinning: Shining VII! Killer album, Kvarforth’s voice is great! Of course Maruta’s Forward Into Regression and Wormrot’s Dirge. Some stuff that’s new to me: Skitkids, Needful Things, Kreigshog, Comfort and as I promised myself- all of Wormed and Malignant Tumour! Everything I’ve been listening to is fun as hell (with the exception of Shining, but that’s awesome!).
Anyway, if anyone cares, spin some of those tunes and start saving for MDF 2012! After I get back from Europe, I’ll be packing and moving, so I apologize in advance if content is a bit patchy in the coming month. Send me tunes to listen to! I’ll be compiling reviews of all the tunes people have sent me in the last month or so, so get on that.
scrapyardmagazine@gmail.com
Now it's time to fly out to Europe and Hellfest! Looking super forward- cannot thank all the people who made this trip possible, especially members of Old Man's Child and Brainwash!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment