Monday, June 5, 2017

30 Days of Words: Past Due

30 Days of Words: Past Due

Alright, I done goofed. I am way past the due date for my final 30 Days of Words post. I blame Deathfest.

Which, by the way, was a magical time.
A few weeks ago, I talked about an awesome workshop, where I learned how surprising perceptive others are of our inner moods. In particular, people- strangers- picked up on my joy after visiting the bright, vibrant, joyous Yayoi Kusama exhibit. In therapy, I've talked about this extensively, because the reverse is true. So I've been learning to cope with my horrible social anxiety so that I seem a little more approachable, a little more reliable, a little more...stable, when I meet new people, especially for business related junk.

MDF was magical because it's one of two weeks a year (the other being 70K), where I am surrounded by so many friends and so much love, it's like being in a big, four day hug. Cheesy, yes. MDF is four days where I feel like I soak up brightness, lightness, love, and confidence, and radiate it back out. It's four days where I feel confident, up to being in crowds, easy to talk to and mingle with others. It's pretty  empowering.

Oh, and Insect Warfare played one of the best sets I've ever seen. At one point, the stage was so full of stage divers, I couldn't even see the band. Perfect.

Maybe MDF coincided with my final 30 Days of Words post, but it also gave me a light kick in the buns.

Did I write every day? No. But I realized a few things from my 30 Days of Words Experiment:

1. I have more time to write than I was giving myself credit for.
2. It is actually cathartic. Really cathartic.
3. Although maybe 20 people read any given entry, it's nice to know that someone out there is listening.
4. It's not bad to practice and stay in some sort of writing form.
5. I setup a badass zine co-op with friends!

Hopefully, I'll write more in the coming weeks and months. I know I can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment