Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A389 Fest: The Ten Year Anniversary Preview

This weekend is almost upon us!  The punk in me has always lusted after the idea of spending another scummy, metalpunk weekend in Baltimore.  Something to break up the year wait for Maryland Deathfest.  Now that I'm ~40 minutes away, I'm super excited for the A389 X Year Bash!

I'm really looking forward to Infest. Their set at MDF was insane: flying trash cans, Dave Witte stave diving and pools of blood on the stage.  Because I'm a huge baby who values her veneer-ed teeth and creaky old lady knee, I was towards the back.  But for real, see for yourself! (Infest in Miami, video by Josh Chip!)  I thought this was only because Miamipunks are insane, but after seeing their set at MDF, I can confirm: Infest fans are fucking insane.

Also looking forward to the reunited Bloodlet, which is made up of 100% of cool as hell dudes from Orlando bands Hollow Leg and Junior Bruce.  I had no idea about the hype surrounding Bloodlet until some people filled me in. After checking them out, I can honestly say "let's get weird, early 2000's style."

Also pretty excited to see expert shitkickers and partiers Full of Hell, Ilsa, Iron Reagan, Weekend Nachos,  the up-and- coming Noisem, Ringworm and Occultist (who crushed everything when I saw them at a house show last year in Florida!).  I'm looking forward to two days of Baltimore's dirty charm, Black Mess Records, and  Victory Records 2000 roster.  I'll probably be hiding near the back, drunk as shit and staying out of the way of what will surely be an insane pit.  As usual, I'm all-in.  If you see me, come say hi! Three days, four shows.  Let's do this! 

FINALLY, I get to play with all the cool kids.  Thanks to Dom from A389 for putting on this bash and congrats on TEN years!

Have a free A389 Sampler.

OH! Tickets are available (at the time of this post). 
The Pre-fest and Matinee shows are at
THE SIDEBAR
218 E. Lexington St.
Baltimore, MD 21202

The Friday and Saturday shows are at
BALTIMORE SOUNDSTAGE
124 Market Pl
Baltimore, MD 21202


No comments:

Post a Comment