Saturday, December 17, 2011

2012: The PitGoddess Anticipates Good Shit

I already admitted that I lamed out on this year’s releases.  I know.  So, the next thing I can talk about it what is SUPPOSED to come out in 2012.  We know how that goes, right?  I mean, the “new” Control Denied is on the list again. Or the reissue?  I’m so confused.  The shit’s never coming out, is it?  Still waiting on new Cystic Dysentery.  But still, it has become my new tradition to poke fun at Decibel’s list, steal it and write my own.  To start, this picture!  The guy from Neurosis has boobs or a ghostly apparition.  WTF?  (Oh yeah, new Neurosis this year.)


Boob-ly Apparitions. 

So, of course, the big names dropping some new stuff: Terrorizer, Black Sabbath, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse.  These don’t need much talking about because ^^ LOOK.  The Black Sabbath could be hit or miss, seeing as how they have a love/hate relationship with Ozzy.  It may not come out until 2050, for all we know.  Now for the rest, in no real order.

Biohazard, Reborn in Defiance, January.  Hell yes. I know all you elite internet warriors are laughing at me, but I have always loved the Haz since I first heard them at the tender age of 14.  I’m interested to hear their new singer and see if these guys can still write some good tough guy hardcore. 

Spawn of Possession, TBA, March.  Another hell yes.  This band is amazing.  It was tech death before tech death was big and it is STILL better than 98% of the soulless tech death that followed it.  SoP beats tech death at its own game.  This band is so heavy and so brutal and awesome.  I hope the new album lives up to the hype I’ve created in my own head.

Murder Construct, TBA, May.  This super group includes members from Exhumed, Bad Acid Trip and Cattle Decapitation.  It’s been on hold for a decade or something.  I’ve checked out the songs on Facebook and well, it sounds like Cattle Decapitation met Exhumed on some sunny California locale and grinded the fuck out.  It’s not going to reinvent the wheel or anything, but it will induce moshing and whiskey drinking.

1349, TBA, November.  Anything with Frost is awesome.  It has to be.  My profile picture on facebook is a picture of me with Frost.  After seeing the mighty 1349 at Hellfest and how incredibly tight they were, I have been waiting for a new album.  The production could be improved from the last album.  If it’s anything like the live show, it’ll kill.  If Frost is on it, I’ll love it no matter what.

Exodus, TBA.   I am the biggest Exodus fangirl ever.  Everyone knows that.  The best thing about a new album is the tour, of course.  Musically, I have hope.  I’m not looking for another BBB or Fab Disaster, but if I could at least get something like Tempo- the perfect modern thrash album- I’d be stoked.  Shovel was ok, Exhibit B was closer.  I pretend Exhibit A doesn’t exist- it was too controversial, splitting Exodus fans into two groups (people who liked it and me).  Anyway, don’t let me down Gary Holt.  Riffs awayyyy!


Monstrosity, TBA. HAH!  I have one Decibel DIDN’T HAVE.  Now, I know I don’t have Decibel’s connections, time or money, but I have ONE WHOLE new release they don’t.  Maybe it is because I’m in the know.  For real though, Monstrosity is one of my favorite bands to come out of Tampa and I’m excited to see what they put out.

Man’s Gin and Ihsahn, both TBA. They get listed together not because I’m lazy, but because they’re both so incredibly special.  It is pretty rare that I will sit and play an entire album multiple times after the first listen or two, and both of these projects make me want to listen to the albums.  I have loved all three of Ihsahn’s solo efforts to death, even the weird more avant-garde stuff.  The Man’s Gin album lives in my most played list.  I’m pretty sure I can sing all the words to all four albums.  I love when music is so powerful and both of these people (Erik Wunder and Ihsahn) win.

Gorguts, TBA.  A little bird told me this album was delayed because of money bullshit.  Well, that is lame because Luc LeMay is a fucking god.  This shit better get put out.  If Gorguts started a collection bin, I’d donate just to hear what madness has cooked up inside LeMay’s head.

Saint Vitus, TBA.  Need more stuff like Born Too Late.  I heard a new song on Vitus’ tour and it was so good and slow and heavy and yummy.  I hope this gets released in time for MDF so I can hear some more of those sweet new songs live.

Here’s all the shit I’m interested in because I think it will be fun/crazy/awesome and don’t have any witty commentary for: Asphyx, Autopsy, Municipal Waste, Obscura, Kreator, Aeon, Magrudergrind, Malignancy, Grave, Devourment and Phobia. 

Bands that better fucking tour after the releases and better come to Florida or so help you all:  Malignancy, The Waste (I <3 you, Dave Witte), Exodus, Kreator, Devourment (I’m addicted to the slams), and Biohazard, who I have still NEVER SEEN and will settle for the not-Evan fellow who will be singing.

Hey! Flashbacks! Some albums I'm STILL waiting for: Control Denied, Shining (SWE), Amon, Biohazard.  Oh 2012, don't let me down.

Disagree? Whine at me. I say at me, because I may not read your whining.

2 comments: