Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scrapyard Global Metal Survey!

Hello Scrapyard Legions!

I have been thinking of this global metal project lots and couldn't be more excited.  If anyone doesn't know- I want to document the experiences of metal fans from all over the globe.  You know I'm a champion of metalheads worldwide, regardless of background or any other stuff.  What will all this be for? You know, I'm not sure yet.  You definitely will be featured on the Scrapyard Zine blog page, potentially in a print issue.  What's in it for you?  Sharing your experience.  Documenting your history, info about your country/region/state and sharing something about metal for people to read the world over.  Hey, I'm a historian, we love this stuff.

I know a number of people expressed interest in participating and THANK YOU.  I'm going to go ahead and post the survey, so anyone interested in talking about metal and their community is welcome to participate!  Please email all responses and photos, etc. to

SCRAPYARDMAGAZINE@GMAIL.COM

Please do not post responses here, they'll get lost, you'll ruin the fun, etc.  If you want to share something related, but outside the scope of the questions, go ahead.  PLEASE pass it on, if you know someone with a great story.  ANYONE who is a metal fan can participate!  I digress.  Thanks again, cheers!
---------------------------------------------------
Please tell us some basic info- First name/Age/Country or State where you reside/Favorite Genres and bands.  Feel free to include a photo, if you’d like.

How did you get into metal?  What is your relationship to metal? (Do you write a blog or reviews, just a fan, play in a band, etc?)

How do you connect with other metal fans?  Is there a metal scene in your area?  If so, what is it like? What are the best local bands?

How often do you go to concerts?  What is the best concert you’ve ever seen?  Do you ever travel to go to concerts?

Can you purchase merchandise and music where you live?  Are your purchases subject to searches?

What are some stereotypes of metal heads where you live?  Do you ever face discrimination?  If so, to what extent?

What do you think is the future for metal and metal fans in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment