Alright, so most of you know that I own a business. This year,
I quit my day job (a little prematurely) to give this business 100% of my
focus, efforts, and attention. I shifted my business in 2016 to reflect my
goals and let go of what wasn’t working. In 2017, I lost my ENTIRE website, all
my newsletter subscribers, my contacts, 3 contracts in progress….EVERYTHING.
I went through the seven stages of grief, let me tell you, and came up OK enough on the other side. My website is back and I’m planning for the year (and beyond).
I went through the seven stages of grief, let me tell you, and came up OK enough on the other side. My website is back and I’m planning for the year (and beyond).
A few years ago, I took an amazing women’s business class that gave me a lot of clarity and knowledge and connections. Now that I’m refocused and back to business, I think I am ready to invest in another class or program to help me grow my business, now that I am focusing on in person events.
Luckily, there are tons of awesome free resources out there, podcasts, checklists, workbooks. I have taken a bit from each of these sources. But the problem? The bulk of the coaching programs focus on coaching wanna-be business coaches into creating their own coaching programs.
My goal is to empower teen girls. I don’t want to be a
business coach. I am not interested in learning strategies for business coaches.
What is frustrating to me, is that in these podcasts, workbooks, etc., there
are a few nuggets of wisdom, but a LOT of useless info. The key ingredients offered
by all of these business coaches coaching coaches boil down to this: 1. Create a
Facebook Group to build brand/personal loyalty and do market research. 2. Using
that research, create a webinar to sell back to your group.
This fails for me on all fronts. Teenagers are not on Facebook, and if they are, they are not active. I have a group of dedicated teen advisors who barely post in our Advisory FB group (if they join it at all), no matter how much poking and prodding I do. Their answer? “I’m not really on there anyway.” Also, a webinar? The events I host are reliant on the group experience, which can’t be captured and recreated in a webinar. Plus, teens’ interest in webinars? Pretty low.
This fails for me on all fronts. Teenagers are not on Facebook, and if they are, they are not active. I have a group of dedicated teen advisors who barely post in our Advisory FB group (if they join it at all), no matter how much poking and prodding I do. Their answer? “I’m not really on there anyway.” Also, a webinar? The events I host are reliant on the group experience, which can’t be captured and recreated in a webinar. Plus, teens’ interest in webinars? Pretty low.
There is some good advice out there, there really is. I’m
struggling to find a good match for me and my business. If you know of a great
business coach/mentor/mastermind who teaches things other than “HOW TO BE A BUSINESS
COACH!” please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment